All Leaving Cert Home Economics S & S posts
  • avatar image

    Subject Choices Help Zozosmithy

    I will be choosing subjects for 5th year soon, and I have my mind half made up, I was considering doing home ec, but would like to know what you study/learn in 5th and 6th year??? :)

    1. avatar image

      jamielovesmusic123

      well it is Scientific and Social:

      Stuff that you learn:

      1. Food Science

      2. Health

      3. The Family

      4. Meat, Fish, Eggs , Cheese, Milk etc..

      5. Marriage&Law.

      A lot of stuff like this.

      you should consider looking at www.careersportal.ie - Leaving Cert Subjects.

      This website gives great details about what is on the Home Economics (LC) Course.

    2. avatar image

      MysticManiac

      I'm still in 4th year as well, but our HE teacher talked to us about the subject. There's a 20% food journal and you have to do 5 of 6 assignments in it. The remaining 80% is the exam paper (There's no practical exam) which consist of Short Questions, Long Questions (you have to answer Q1 and I think 2 others) and a question on your chosen Elective. There are 3 electives, one is about housing and stuff, then there's a fashion one (you have to sew for this one) and social studies (most ppl choose this one). The course is basically 3 parts: food studies, household budget/economy and sociology/social studies

    3. avatar image

      Me

      Share files from your computer
      loader