We've put all the past papers into a single booklet so you can print them out.
Leaving Certificate LCVP (Link Modules)
The primary goal of the LCVP is to prepare young people for adult life by encouraging them to develop skills and competencies fundamental to both academic and work success.
Throughout the programme students are encouraged to:
· Be innovative and enterprising
· Take responsibility for their own learning
· Adapt to changing circumstances
· Evaluate data and devise solutions to problems
· Communicate their thoughts and ideas effectively
· Work with others as part of a team
· Investigate and plan career options
· Use information and communications technologies
· Investigate local businesses and community enterprises
· Learn from their experience
· At least five Leaving Certificate subjects, one of which must be Irish
· Two of the above subjects must be selected from one of the designated Vocational Subject Groupings
· Two Link Modules: Preparation for the World of Work and Enterprise Education
· A recognised course in a Modern European Language other than Irish or English
The Vocational Subject groupings are as follows.
1 Construction Studies; Engineering; Design and Communication Graphics; Technology - Any Two
2 Physics and Construction Studies or Engineering or Technology or Design & Communication Graphics
3 Agricultural Science and Construction Studies or Engineering or Technology or Design & Communication Graphics
4 Agricultural Science and Chemistry or Physics or Physics/Chemistry
5 Home Economics; Agricultural Science; Biology - Any Two
6 Home Economics and Art - Design Option or Craft Option
7 Accounting; Business; Economics - Any two
8 Physics and Chemistry
9 Biology and Chemistry or Physics or Physics/Chemistry
10 Biology and Agricultural Science
11 Art - Design Option or Craft Option and Design & Communication Graphics
12 Engineering or Technology or Construction Studies or Design & Communication Graphics and Accounting or Business or Economics
13 Home Economics and Accounting or Business or Economics
14 Agricultural Science and Accounting or Business or Economics
15 Art Design or Craftwork Option and Accounting or Business or Economics
16 Music and Accounting or Business or Economics
LCVP students follow the same subject syllabus and are assessed in the same way as their peers in the Leaving Certificate. For the Link Modules they are assessed by Written Examination (40%) and by Portfolio of Coursework (60%).
The skills obtained by completing LCVP can be useful in a wide range of careers and areas including business, enterprise, the non-profit sector and public sector employment.
11 Topics for LCVP (Link Modules)
11 Past papers for LCVP (Link Modules)