The Government has not implemented recent mandatory reporting legislation because it is concerned it will have to respond to a massive increase in inappropriate allegations of child abuse, a United Nations committee has heard.
This is the 4th and concluding short film about Ireland's 2011 Universal Periodic Review.
Documentary film maker, Aoibheann O'Sullivan, follows a coalition of civil society organizations and Irish citizens as they travel to the United Nations in Geneva to hear Alan Shatter the Irish minister for Justice being questioned about failings in Ireland's human rights record.
For more information visit: www.rightsnow.ie
A Distilled Ideas Production, October 2011.
Filmed & Directed by Aoibheann O'Sullivan
With thanks to all who participated in the making of this video.
Creative Commons Music:
1) "ditto, ditto!" by DoKashiteru 2009
2) "La Madeline Au Truffe (composed by Jeris)" by basematic, 2011
Interviews (in order of appearance):
1. Deirdre Duffy: UPR Project Manager, Irish Council for Civil Liberties
2. Fiona Thompson Fox
3. Paul Fox
4. Stephen O'Hare: Equality Officer, Irish Council for Civil Liberties
5. Patricia Conboy: Director, Older & Bolder
6. Gerard Gallagher: Disability Officer, Union of Students in Ireland
7. Diarmaid O'Sullivan: Campaign Researcher, Older and Bolder
8. Rosalind McKenna: Coordinator, Human Rights in Ireland Programme, Amnesty International Ireland
9. Mark Kelly: Director, Irish Council for Civil Liberties
Irish Council for Civil Liberties
Organistions who particpated in the "Your Right Right Now Campaign":
1. Children's Rights Alliance (http://www.childrensrights.ie/)
2. Dóchas (http://www.dochas.ie/)
3. Disability Federation of Ireland (http://www.disability-federation.ie/)
4. Educate Together (http://www.educatetogether.ie/)
5. Free Legal Advice Centres (http://flac.ie)
6. Irish Council For Civil Liberties (http://iccl.ie)
7. Irish Penal Reform Trust (http://iprt.ie)
8. Irish Senior Citizen's Parliament (http://iscp.wordpress.com/)
9. Irish Traveller Movement (http://www.itmtrav.ie/)
10. Irish Family Planning Association (http://www.ifpa.ie/)
11. Irish Congress of Trade Unions (http://www.ictu.ie/)
12. Immigrant Council of Ireland (http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/)
13. National Women's Council of Ireland (http://www.nwci.ie/)
14. Simon Communities of Ireland (http://www.simon.ie/)
15. Transgender Equality Network (http://www.teni.ie/)
16. The Integration Centre (http://www.integrationcentre.ie/)
17. Union of Students in Ireland (http://www.usi.ie/)
Creative Commons Licence 2011:
Use in its entirety, Attribution, For any non commercial purposes.