The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Acceptable Use Policy, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: 'Client', 'You' and 'Your' refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. 'The Company', 'Ourselves', 'We' and 'Us', refer to Lighthouse Learning Ltd trading as Studyclix.ie, Studyclix.com, Studyclix.net, studyclicks.ie, studyclicks.com and studyclicks.net. 'Party', 'Parties', or 'Us', refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of the provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing Irish Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Acceptable Use Policy
We provide a community forum for the dissemination of study tips, revision guides, sample answers and information on the state examinations prepared by ourselves, teachers, high achieving students and other authoritative persons.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in such a manner that breaches any local, national, international law or regulation,
- in such a manner that is fraudulent, unlawful or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or outcome,
- for any purpose which is harmful or potentially harmful to minors in any way,
- to publicise private details of you or others which may put your safety and data protection at risk, e.g. email addresses or private social media handles.
- to send, upload, download, or use any material that does not comply with our content standards,
- to send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam) or
- to send any data or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
In using our site you agree:
- that you shall not duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of this site or its content for commercial use.
- that your Studyclix account is specific to you and therefore access to any PLUS+ or PREMIUM features on that account only applies to the specific subject(s) chosen by you. You may change the subjects attached your account a maximum of three times in any one school year.
- that you shall not access, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of this site,
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored,
- any software used in the provision of our site or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to material that is contributed by users of our site (contributions) together with the interactive services provided on this site. This includes community posts, comments, reports, and any other original submission by you. Your content may be examined using anti-plagiarism software to ensure that it has been produced by the stated author and rightful owner of any content contributed.
You must comply with the following standards and these standards apply to each part of any contribution, as well as to a contribution in its entirety.
- be accurate where they are a statement of fact,
- be genuinely held where they are a statement of opinion and
- be compliant with any applicable law in Ireland and any applicable law in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- promote sexually explicit material,
- promote violence,
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age,
- contain any defamatory statements or content,
- contain any content that is obscene, offensive or inflammatory,
- infringe any copyright, database right, related right or trade mark of any other person,
- be an attempt to deceive any person,
- intended to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person,
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person,
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence,
- promote any illegal activity,
- promote or assist any unlawful act such as but not limited to copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will investigate and determine whether there has been any breach of this acceptable use policy during your use of this site. Where a breach of this policy is identified, we reserve the right to take such action as we consider appropriate.
- temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use our site,
- temporarily or permanently remove any contribution or material uploaded by you to our site,
- issue a warning to you,
- commence legal proceedings against you including a claim to be reimbursed for all costs to include reasonable administrative and legal costs resulting from the breach,
- any further legal action against you that we deem necessary and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Your account with Studyclix.ie
By registering with this website you are agreeing you are providing us with accurate, nonfraudulent information (Name, email address, school, year, subject list and whether you are a student or teacher). You may not impersonate any other person when registering for or registered with this website. You may not share your Studyclix account with anyone else. We reserve the right at any stage to terminate an account. Accounts can only be created by individuals who are able to enter into legally binding contracts.
Links to this website
You may create a link to any page within this website. If you do create a link to a page on this website, please include a reference to the name 'Studyclix.ie'. In addition, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to or from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
We provide interactive services on our site, including. Studyclix Community is an interactive service comprised of
- user generated discussion posts
- user suggested resources (links to videos, notes, websites)
- user comments on content (content includes community discussion posts, community suggested resources, Studyclix articles, exam questions, Studyclix videos, blogs)
Guidelines on how the community is expected to be used can be found here.
Every effort is made by us to monitor the Studyclix Community and remove any inappropriate or offensive content as soon as is reasonably possible.
Where we provide any interactive service, clear information will be provided to you about the kind of service offered.
We at all times strive to assess any possible risks to our users (and, in particular, for children) from third parties and we decide on a case by case basis whether or not to use moderation of the relevant service in the light of those risks.
We are nonetheless under no obligation to monitor or moderate any of our interactive services and we expressly exclude any liability on our part for any loss or damage arising from the use of any of our interactive services by a user who is in breach of our content standards.
Use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. Parents who permit their children to use an interactive service are strongly advised that it is important that their children are advised about online safety. We urge parents of minors who are using any interactive service that their children are made aware of the potential risks to them.
By using the Studyclix Community you agree not to post illegal material or
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Solicit personal or social information such as mobile phone numbers or home addresses of other users
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional content, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of commercial publicity
We do not generally remove material that is uploaded to us. Consequently, you agree that your material displayed on Studyclix.ie may continue to appear on Studyclix.ie, even after you have terminated your user privileges or have had your user privileges terminated by Studyclix.ie.
Every effort has been made to ensure that examination material used on this website is accurate and complete. If in any doubt, refer to the full examination material archive available from the State Examinations Commission website. Subject syllabuses change, in the case where a subject syllabus has changed there may still be examination material on this website relating to a previous syllabus. Such material may remain on the website if it is deemed to still retain its value as a reference of past exam material.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and part of the content of this website.
Every effort has been made to ensure that examination material used on this website is accurate and complete. If in any doubt, refer to the full examination material archive available from the State Examinations Commission website.
Where possible every effort has been made to secure the permission of the copyright holders of any content reproduced on this site. You may report any claims or concerns to us at email@example.com. We supply mock exam papers under license with Examcraft Group. If you feel your copyright has been infringed you may report any claims or concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Studyclix runs regular competitions. For each competition the following terms will apply.
The promoter of these competitions is Lighthouse Learning Limited trading as Studyclix.ie
In the case that a competition prize is a concert or event ticket which requires the winner to either be 18 years old or above, or need an accompanying adult, it is the responsibility of the competition winner to ensure they are 18 years or over at the time of the concert/event, or that there is an accompanying adult who is over 18 with them.
Each voucher will entitle the bearer to a price reduction (of €10.00 or €20.00 depending on the voucher) on the purchase of a Studyclix subscription. Vouchers are not valid for upgrades from PLUS+ to PREMIUM accounts. Only one voucher may be used per account. These vouchers are not legal tender and are not exchangeable for cash.
Should you be unhappy with the service supplied by Studyclix.ie you may be entitled to a refund at the discretion of studyclix.ie. If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received please contact us at email@example.com. We supply mock exam papers under license with Examcraft Group. If you feel your copyright has been infringed you may report any claims or concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Lighthouse Learning Limited Innovation Centre, Institute of Technology, Ash Lane, Sligo stating your name, email address associated with your account and the reason for your refund request.
No refunds are payable in circumstances where a subscription to our service is made by you and you subsequently receive access to a studyclix.ie PLUS+ account pursuant to a licence to use the site which is issued to your school.
The following terms and conditions apply to users who upgrade to a paid Studyclix PLUS+ account:
Studyclix PLUS+ gives paid users access to content unavailable to Studyclix BASIC users. The list of content available to each account type is available at www.studyclix.ie/account/pricing. The items on this list may change at any time and is at the discretion of Lighthouse Learning Limited.
Existing Studyclix PLUS+ users who have elected to pay monthly are permitted to continue to pay monthly at a price of €5 per month.
A Studyclix PLUS+ account does not facilitate more than one user logging in to that account at any one time. A Studyclix PLUS+ account only facilitates access to the subjects selected on that account. These subjects must reflect your year and with a maximum number of 10 subjects being selected.
Once payment has been confirmed, a user will gain access to Studyclix PLUS+ content within a period not exceeding 24 hours.
A user may cancel their account at any time.
In the case of a teacher purchasing a yearly (€20) upgrade on behalf of their students, access to all Studyclix PLUS+ content will be granted for a period of twelve months from the date upon which payment for the upgrade is received. The codes issued to a teacher are only valid for the quantity of upgrades purchased and it is the sole responsibility of the teacher to distribute these codes to the students who have paid for such codes.
The following terms and conditions apply to users who upgrade to a paid Studyclix PREMIUM account:
Studyclix PREMIUM gives you access to content unavailable to Studyclix BASIC or PLUS+ users. The list of content available to each account type is available at www.studyclix.ie/account/pricing. The items on this list may change at any time and is at the discretion of Lighthouse Learning Limited.
Existing Studyclix PLUS+ users can upgrade to a Studyclix PREMIUM account by purchasing an upgrade for €24.99. Any such upgrade will give You access to all Studyclix PREMIUM material up until the expiry date of Your Studyclix PLUS+ account.
A Studyclix PREMIUM account does not facilitate more than one user logging in to that account at any one time. A Studyclix PREMIUM account only facilitates access to the subjects selected on that account. These subjects must reflect your year and with a maximum number of 10 subjects being selected.
Once payment has been confirmed, you will gain access to Studyclix PREMIUM content within a period not exceeding 24 hours.
You may cancel your account at any time.
The following terms and conditions apply to users who purchase a 'Boost' subscription as an add-on to either a Basic, Plus or Premium plan.
Studyclix Boost subscriptions are for a particular subject (e.g. LC Maths Boost, JC Maths Boost, LC Biology). 'LC' means 'Leaving Certificate'. 'JC' means Junior Cycle.
The purchase of a single subscription to a Studyclix Boost provides access to content in that subject only. For example, purchasing a subscription to LC Biology Boost provides access to content in LC Biology Boost (and not LC Maths Boost)
If you purchase a Boost subscription in an LC subject, you will not have access to Boost at JC in that same subject (and vice versa).
A yearly subscription to a subject-specific Boost product allows you access to all Boost content available in that subject until 31st of June of the year in which the purchase is made (i.e. the end of the academic school year).
Once payment has been confirmed, you will gain access to subject-specific Boost content within a period not exceeding 24 hours.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. For all our contact information please visit the Contact Us link on our website.
Lighthouse Learning Limited is registered with the Companies Registration Office in Ireland, registration number 504531 and with a registered office at Innovation Centre, Ash Lane, Institute of Technology, Sligo.
Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
The Company reserves the right to change these conditions from time to time as it sees fit and your continued use of the site will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms. Any changes to our Terms and Conditions, Acceptable Use Policy, Privacy Statement, Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements will be posted on our web site 10 days prior to these changes taking place. You are therefore advised to re-read this statement on a regular basis.
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and us. Your accessing of this website and/or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.